Stay where character and comfort comes as naturally as discovery and adventure.
inside and out.
Outfitted with amazing views and modern comforts, Eagle Cottages are your gateway to Alabama’s Gulf State Park—just like the original cottages built by the Civilian Conservation Corp (CCC) in the 1930s when the park opened.
Meaningful memories with modern comfort.
Our 11 cottages line the water's edge of beautiful Lake Shelby in the heart of the largest unbroken stretch of protected natural areas along the United States Gulf Coast.
From native peoples and European explorers, to fishing trips and family gatherings, this place has had an irresistible pull for thousands of years.
What memories will you make?
All you need and more.
Each spacious cottage accommodates a maximum of six (6) guests with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a beautifully appointed living room, fully furnished kitchen, and plenty of indoor and outdoor living spaces. You'll have ample room to relax, and abundant opportunities to reconnect with nature.
Your screened-in porch and open deck are perfect for taking an afternoon siesta, reading a book, or enjoying a favorite beverage alongside our famous sunsets at the end of an adventure-filled day.
Traveling with your four-legged family member?
We are happy to have your pet join you during your stay. A non-refundable pet fee of $150.00 plus tax will be added to your invoice.
No more than two pets under 50 pounds per accommodation
Pets must be on a leash at all times outside the cottage
Pets cannot be left outside unattended without adult supervision
When booking Eagle Cottages at Gulf State Park, your cottage stay will include
- An elevated lakeside view of the surrounding Park.
- Windows that open to Gulf breezes and fresh sea air as well as full heating and A/C for when you prefer it.
- A private fire pit and Adirondack chairs for sitting around the campfire with a glass of wine and roasting s'mores.
- A selection of field guides and books on the local cultural and natural heritage of the region are included in each Cottage for your enjoyment during your stay.
- Wine, craft beer and cheese amenity upon arrival.
- Complimentary bicycles for your use in exploring the 28 miles of nature trails and look-out points that begin just outside your door.
- Breakfast each morning at Woodside Restaurant for up to six people.
- Free tram ride connection to all major locations in the Park and easy access by bike, car or tram to the famous beaches at Gulf Shores nearby.
- Exclusive Guided Tours with a park master naturalist.
- Each Cottage is decorated with art commissioned by local Alabama artists.
- A nature documentary film library and reference books are available to borrow from the guest reception area.
- A 45" flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Daily housekeeping service.
- Boats and golf carts are prohibited.